Skip to content
Monday 17 August 2026London --:--Frankfurt --:--Zurich --:--
NewslettersSearchEN · DE · FR
MorningWire

European business, markets and politics

FTSE 100
10,720.30
-0.28%
DAX
26,338.61
-0.38%
CAC 40
8,579.60
-0.66%
STOXX 50
6,530.45
-0.14%
  • Europe
  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Politics
  • Opinion
More
GermanyFranceEU InstitutionsCompetitionPublic AffairsBankingTechnologyEnergy
  • Germany
  • France
  • Europe
  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • DE
Monday 05 February 2024 7:21 am  |  Updated:  Monday 05 February 2024 7:22 am

Revolution Beauty: Former boss to pay £3m to draw line under finance scandal

By: Laura McGuire

Add as a preferred source on Google
Troubled make-up brand Revolution Beauty has posted a 20 per cent rise in revenue, as a shakeup at its top team appears to have provided some stability for the brand after a volatile few months.
Troubled make-up brand Revolution Beauty has posted a 20 per cent rise in revenue, as a shakeup at its top team appears to have provided some stability for the brand after a volatile few months.

The founder and former chief of Revolution Beauty will have to pay close to £3m to the scandal stricken makeup brand to settle allegations he breached fiduciary duties to the company.

Adam Minto, who stepped down as head of the brand two years ago, will have to hand over £2.9m, according to an update by the firm this morning. 

The settlement comes with “no admission or acceptance of liability by either party,” the firm said this morning.

Revolution Beauty had its shares suspended in 2022 for a number of months after an investigation found that it had falsely inflated its sales figures. 

Last June, the firm said it was planning to take legal action against Minto. 

Complicating matters is the fact that Minto still owns more than 15 per cent of the company.

Today’s announcement draws a line under the dispute, with Alistair McGeorge, non-executive chairman telling investors the settlement means the firm can now “focus on the future”.

He said: “We are very pleased to have reached an agreement with Adam. This, together with the revised payment schedule agreed in December 2023 for the acquisition of Medichem, means we can now focus on the future.”

It follows a host of other scandals the company has faced over the last year, including a shareholder revolt.

Read more

Foxtons shares tumble as estate agent takes £3m knock from Renters’ Rights Act

Foxtons is London's largest lettings agency brand

Share this article

  • Facebook
  • X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email

Similarly tagged content:

Sections

  • News

Categories

  • Business
  • Retail

Trending Articles

  • As it happened: FTSE 100 drops as oil prices rise after Trump makes Hormuz threat

  • US bond market jitters spark UK economy recession warning

  • Is the Zeekr 9X Super Hybrid the new luxury SUV to beat?

  • Grandparents fund university degrees to avoid inheritance tax net

  • Aldi boss wades into supermarket ‘price-gouging’ row

More from Morning Wire

  • Foxtons shares tumble as estate agent takes £3m knock from Renters’ Rights Act

    Property
    Foxtons is London's largest lettings agency brand
  • Brompton Bicycle sues former adviser for ‘professional negligence’

    Lawsuit
    Six Brompton folding bicycles in various colors displayed in individual black cubbies.
  • PwC sign sponsorship deal with major cricket team

    Sport Business
    Getty Images logo on a modern office building facade under a clear blue sky, representing media and photography industry p...
  • EY and London managing partner fined over £1.3m for audit failure

    Big Four
    EY London headquarters building exterior on a sunny day, showcasing modern architecture in the citys business district
  • Meet the top lawyer challenging Gianni Infantino’s Fifa power play

    Law
    Gianni Infantino, FIFA President, waves to a crowd with a blue and gold patterned background
  • Hacking scandal? Inside Prince Harry’s costly legal battle over privacy

    Media
    Associated Newspapers, which is owned by Lord Rothermere's Daily Mail and General (DMG Media), said losses ballooned from £699,000 in 2022 to £44.5m in the year ended 1 October 2023
  • Clifford Chance partners pocket £2.3m as private markets drive growth

    Law
    Silhouetted person walks past a modern building with 10 Upper Bank Street visible on its glass facade at night.
  • Coty Announces Agreement With Kering for Early Transition of Gucci Beauty License

    Business Wire
MorningWire

Independent European business, markets and political news for decision-makers.

Morning Briefing

Europe

  • Germany
  • France
  • EU Institutions
  • Europe

Business

  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Competition
  • Public Affairs

Editorial

  • Opinion
  • Editorial Policy
  • Corrections
  • Contact

Company

  • About Morning Wire
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Cookie Policy
© 2026 Morning Wire Ltd · Published by Morning Wire Media, Bahnhofstrasse 65, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Privacy · Terms · Cookies · Facebook