Skip to content
Thursday 20 August 2026London --:--Frankfurt --:--Zurich --:--
NewslettersSearchEN · DE · FR
MorningWire

European business, markets and politics

FTSE 100
10,748.16
+0.04%
DAX
25,983.04
-0.42%
CAC 40
8,453.09
-0.57%
STOXX 50
6,422.06
-0.35%
  • Europe
  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Politics
  • Opinion
More
GermanyFranceEU InstitutionsCompetitionPublic AffairsBankingTechnologyEnergy
  • Germany
  • France
  • Europe
  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • DE
Tuesday 20 June 2023 7:43 am  |  Updated:  Tuesday 20 June 2023 8:00 am

Revolution Beauty to ‘potentially’ take legal action against former CEO over delayed audit report

By: Laura McGuire

Add as a preferred source on Google
Troubled make-up brand Revolution Beauty has posted a 20 per cent rise in revenue, as a shakeup at its top team appears to have provided some stability for the brand after a volatile few months.
Troubled make-up brand Revolution Beauty has posted a 20 per cent rise in revenue, as a shakeup at its top team appears to have provided some stability for the brand after a volatile few months.

Revolution Beauty will potentially take legal action against the company’s founder and former chief, Adam Minto, over claims he breached fiduciary and statutory duties while at the helm. 

In a letter to investors, the makeup brand said it believes Minto’s alleged wrongdoings led to delay in audit of the full year results in 2022 group’s which led to suspension of the company’s shares from trading on AIM.  

Minto, who founded the brand nearly a decade ago, resigned last year after its auditor, BDO, raised concerns about the delay of the financial report. 

The cosmetics group said that Minto has until 7 July to respond to claims made against him in the letter. 

A statement read: “The company takes these matters extremely seriously.  It is important for shareholders to note that there can be no certainty on the outcome of these legal proceedings, and the Company will make further updates to shareholders as appropriate in due course.”

It comes amid a rocky period for the brand who is also facing a shareholder revolt from Boohoo, who owns a 26.6 per cent stake in the company. 

The fast fashion retailer will vote against the reappointment of chief executive Bob Holt, chairman Derek Zissman and chief financial officer Elizabeth Lake – and also wants a separate meeting to remove three bosses.

Boohoo wants to replace the members with pros from its retailer team to inject extra e-commerce knowledge into the brand. 

Revolution Beauty said it will publish a “further announcement in the coming days in light of the announcement made by Boohoo.

City A.M has contacted Adam Minto for a comment.

Read more

EY and London managing partner fined over £1.3m for audit failure

EY London headquarters building exterior on a sunny day, showcasing modern architecture in the citys business district

Share this article

  • Facebook
  • X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email

Similarly tagged content:

Sections

  • News

Categories

  • Retail
  • Morning Wire Content

Related Topics

  • Boohoo

Trending Articles

  • Jobless Banquet: Youth unemployment surge ‘sends Neets to KFC’

  • Amanda Blanc has worked her magic at Aviva

  • City law firm sues prominent Emirati business family

  • House prices in wealthy London boroughs fall by up to £300,000

  • As it happened: Miners fuel FTSE 100 recovery; oil jumps as Trump claims Strait of Hormuz

More from Morning Wire

  • EY and London managing partner fined over £1.3m for audit failure

    Big Four
    EY London headquarters building exterior on a sunny day, showcasing modern architecture in the citys business district
  • Former Crystal Palace owner John Textor scores temporary block of Brazilian football club share sale

    Lawsuit
    John Textor says he is ready to sell his stake in Crystal Palace to avoid the club being kicked out of the Europa League due to rules on multi-club ownership.
  • PwC slapped with multi-million fine for audit failures at FTSE 100 firm Babcock

    Big Four
    PwC cuts roles and apprenticeship
  • Battersea Power Station misreporting claims scrutinised by accounting watchdog

    Accountancy
    Breaking news scene with reporters, cameras, and microphones at a bustling press conference, spotlight on speaker podium
  • Prince Harry defeated in phone hacking legal battle against Daily Mail publisher

    Lawsuit
    Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (Photo by Yui Mok - WPA Pool/Getty Images)
  • Former Southern Water boss charged with conspiracy to defraud

    Law
    Southern Water safety sign on a chain link fence, detailing required PPE like hard hats and safety boots.
  • Mary Kay Releases 2026 Sustainability Report Highlighting Transformative Progress Across Social, Economic, and Environmental Impact Globally

    Business Wire
  • Law firm at centre of BHP mammoth lawsuit sued by its own funder

    Lawsuit
    UK class actions surge, lawyers perceived as primary beneficiaries, public awareness highest since 2020, report finds
MorningWire

Independent European business, markets and political news for decision-makers.

Morning Briefing

Europe

  • Germany
  • France
  • EU Institutions
  • Europe

Business

  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Competition
  • Public Affairs

Editorial

  • Opinion
  • Editorial Policy
  • Corrections
  • Contact

Company

  • About Morning Wire
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Cookie Policy
© 2026 Morning Wire Ltd · Published by Morning Wire Media, Bahnhofstrasse 65, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Privacy · Terms · Cookies · Facebook