Skip to content
Friday 21 August 2026London --:--Frankfurt --:--Zurich --:--
NewslettersSearchEN · DE · FR
MorningWire

European business, markets and politics

FTSE 100
10,760.16
+0.11%
DAX
26,048.34
+0.25%
CAC 40
8,461.42
+0.10%
STOXX 50
6,439.52
+0.27%
  • Europe
  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Politics
  • Opinion
More
GermanyFranceEU InstitutionsCompetitionPublic AffairsBankingTechnologyEnergy
  • Germany
  • France
  • Europe
  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • DE
Thursday 21 January 2021 5:00 pm  |  Updated:  Thursday 21 January 2021 5:41 pm

Victoria Beckham’s fashion label may need cash injection to stay afloat

By: Jessica Clark

Add as a preferred source on Google
British Fashion Awards 2015 - Red Carpet Arrivals
The Beckhams paid themselves a £14m dividend in 2019 (Photo: Getty)

The future of Victoria Beckham’s eponymous fashion and beauty line could be at risk after directors raised doubts over its ability to continue as a going concern without additional funding.

The Beckham’s own a majority stake in the firm, meaning there is a “reasonable expectation” that the celebrity couple will provide a cash injection to keep the fashion label afloat throughout the remaining months of the Covid-19 crisis.

However the fashion label’s management said a “material uncertainty exists that may cast significant doubt on the group’s ability to continue as a going concern”.

In April last year shareholders paid in £9.2m to settle a £6.1m loan due to HSBC and to “sustain the business operations amidst an unprecedentedly challenging economic backdrop caused by the global Covid pandemic”.

According to the latest available accounts, the former Spice Girl’s fashion and beauty brands reported widening losses of £15.9m in 2019, compared to £12.5m in 2018. 

Posh’s firm also reportedly received a £16m bailout from a “mystery shareholder” in 2018, with reports suggesting her husband could have been behind the emergency funding.

“Directors have determined that further support will be required from its shareholders to further protect the group from the impact of the economic uncertainty and also assist in the implementation of the change in strategy,” directors said in the financial statement.

“Despite the reasonable expectation that any support will be provided from the shareholders this requirement of further funding indicates that a material uncertainty exists that may cast significant doubt on the group’s ability to continue as a going concern and therefore its ability to realise its assets and discharge its liabilities in the normal course of business.”

David and Victoria Beckham paid themselves a £14.5m dividend for 2019, despite a drop in profit during the year.

David Beckham Ventures reported profit after tax of £9m, down from £11.5m the previous year.

While the latest financial statements cover 2019, they also showed that the Beckhams  paid themselves a dividend of £7.1m in 2020.

Read more

England v Argentina: Bellingham bounce attracts more bets than Messi to score

GettyImages visual representation for a general news article, reflecting the essence of current events and business insights.

Share this article

  • Facebook
  • X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email

Similarly tagged content:

Sections

  • News

Categories

  • Business
  • Retail

Trending Articles

  • House prices in wealthy London boroughs fall by up to £300,000

  • As it happened: Miners fuel FTSE 100 recovery; oil jumps as Trump claims Strait of Hormuz

  • City law firm sues prominent Emirati business family

  • Amanda Blanc has worked her magic at Aviva

  • As it happened: FTSE 100 rallies after JD Sports drags on blue chips; oil jumps again

More from Morning Wire

  • England v Argentina: Bellingham bounce attracts more bets than Messi to score

    Sport Business
    GettyImages visual representation for a general news article, reflecting the essence of current events and business insights.
  • What can the Rugby World Cup learn from US nailing of Fifa World Cup?

    Sport Business
    Getty Images logo displayed on a digital screen against a blurred background, highlighting the brands global presence
  • Hugo Boss urges investors to reject £1.7bn bid from Mike Ashley’s Frasers

    Retail
    Mike Ashley in a business suit at a corporate event, discussing strategic plans, surrounded by executives and media personnel
  • Burberry revival gets a boost from China and US sales

    Retail
    Burberry fashion show runway featuring models wearing luxury designer clothing and accessories in a stylish presentation
  • Burnham risks £4bn bill in Thames Water special administration

    Politics
    Thames Water infrastructure with pipes and maintenance workers, highlighting water management efforts in London
  • FCA charges City lawyer with insider dealing over maternity brand acquisition

    Legal
    The FCA said in June any scheme must keep the market afloat in order to curb rising costs for consumers.
  • Western Europe’s Fashion E-commerce Market Matures, Representing 20% of Online Consumer Spending as Gen Z Drives momentum

    Business Wire
  • R|Elan™ Circular Design Challenge Celebrates Its 8th Season with a Landmark Global Edition Under the India–France Year of Innovation 2026

    Business Wire
MorningWire

Independent European business, markets and political news for decision-makers.

Morning Briefing

Europe

  • Germany
  • France
  • EU Institutions
  • Europe

Business

  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Competition
  • Public Affairs

Editorial

  • Opinion
  • Editorial Policy
  • Corrections
  • Contact

Company

  • About Morning Wire
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Cookie Policy
© 2026 Morning Wire Ltd · Published by Morning Wire Media, Bahnhofstrasse 65, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Privacy · Terms · Cookies · Facebook