Skip to content
Wednesday 19 August 2026London --:--Frankfurt --:--Zurich --:--
NewslettersSearchEN · DE · FR
MorningWire

European business, markets and politics

FTSE 100
10,736.61
+0.08%
DAX
26,120.54
-0.03%
CAC 40
8,524.07
+0.17%
STOXX 50
6,473.31
+0.08%
  • Europe
  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Politics
  • Opinion
More
GermanyFranceEU InstitutionsCompetitionPublic AffairsBankingTechnologyEnergy
  • Germany
  • France
  • Europe
  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • DE
Monday 02 August 2021 1:34 pm

Woodford investors to wait until 2022 at earliest for last £124m

By: Edward Thicknesse

Add as a preferred source on Google
Neil Woodford's flagship fund was suspended in 2019 after it was overwhelmed with withdrawal requests.
Neil Woodford's flagship fund was suspended in 2019 after it was overwhelmed with withdrawal requests.

Investors stuck in Neil Woodford’s collapsed flagship fund will have to wait at least until 2022 to claw back the £124m remaining in the fund, it was revealed today.

In an update for shareholders, fund administrator Link said that it was “hoped that the sale of the remaining assets will be concluded in 2022”.

Shareholders have thus far seen £2.5bn of capital returned to them after four tranches of payouts, the last of which came in November.

But a remaining £123.6m remains invested in nine companies, including Atom Bank and Benevolent AI.

“You are reminded that we have now sold the majority of the Fund’s assets and it is anticipated that the sale of the remaining assets will continue, but at a pace which is commensurate with seeking to achieve the best outcome for investors”, Link said.

“We continue to make progress regarding the sale of the remaining assets, and whilst it is not possible to provide a definitive end date to the realisation process, it is hoped that the sale of the remaining assets will be concluded in 2022.

“This means that we are unable at this time to provide a specific date by which the Fund’s wind up will be complete and all cash returned to investors.”

The LF Woodford Equity Income Fund was suspended in June 2019 after it was overwhelmed with withdrawal requests.

It was then shuttered by former star stockpicker Woodford in October, capping off the investment industry’s biggest crisis in years.

Read more

Terry Smith dubs weight-loss giant Novo Nordisk ‘investment disaster’

Terry Smith, founder of Fundsmith, speaking at a business conference, wearing a suit and tie, with a focused expression.

Share this article

  • Facebook
  • X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email

Similarly tagged content:

Sections

  • News

Categories

  • Banking
  • Business

Related Topics

  • Neil Woodford

Trending Articles

  • Jobless Banquet: Youth unemployment surge ‘sends Neets to KFC’

  • As it happened: FTSE 100 drops as oil prices rise after Trump makes Hormuz threat

  • US bond market jitters spark UK economy recession warning

  • Monzo chair makes early exit after boardroom rift

  • Amanda Blanc has worked her magic at Aviva

More from Morning Wire

  • Terry Smith dubs weight-loss giant Novo Nordisk ‘investment disaster’

    Investing
    Terry Smith, founder of Fundsmith, speaking at a business conference, wearing a suit and tie, with a focused expression.
  • Lehman Brothers Treasury Announces the Successful Sale of its Remaining Intercompany Claim against Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.

    Business Wire
  • Workspace urges investors to block ‘destructive’ Saba proposals

    Property
    Workspace Group said occupancy was down very slightly to 88.1 per cent, compared to 88.4 per cent at the end of last year. 
  • South East Water told to cough up £31m and improve infrastructure

    Water
    South East Water infrastructure showcasing modern water management technology amidst regional drought challenges
  • Next hikes targets as heatwave boosts sales

    Retail
    Profit at Next rise 13.8 per cent in the first six months of the year
  • Mark Kleinman: Well runs dry for Thames Water creditors

    Business
    Mark Kleinman is Sky News' City Editor and writes a column for Morning Wire
  • Exclusive: Easyjet shareholder rights to be watered down under Apollo deal

    Aviation
    EasyJet airplane at airport terminal with passengers boarding, representing airline industry and travel news updates
  • Vistry angers market with £30m loss as new boss faces turbulent start

    Property
    Vistry Group headquarters building with modern architecture and corporate signage visible in a business district setting
MorningWire

Independent European business, markets and political news for decision-makers.

Morning Briefing

Europe

  • Germany
  • France
  • EU Institutions
  • Europe

Business

  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Competition
  • Public Affairs

Editorial

  • Opinion
  • Editorial Policy
  • Corrections
  • Contact

Company

  • About Morning Wire
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Cookie Policy
© 2026 Morning Wire Ltd · Published by Morning Wire Media, Bahnhofstrasse 65, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Privacy · Terms · Cookies · Facebook