Skip to content
Monday 17 August 2026London --:--Frankfurt --:--Zurich --:--
NewslettersSearchEN · DE · FR
MorningWire

European business, markets and politics

FTSE 100
10,760.91
+0.10%
DAX
26,438.39
-0.01%
CAC 40
8,626.55
-0.12%
STOXX 50
6,555.17
+0.24%
  • Europe
  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Politics
  • Opinion
More
GermanyFranceEU InstitutionsCompetitionPublic AffairsBankingTechnologyEnergy
  • Germany
  • France
  • Europe
  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • DE
Wednesday 13 March 2019 12:32 pm  |  Updated:  Monday 03 June 2019 12:36 am

Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance overhauls management in wake of Ghosn scandal

By: James Warrington

Add as a preferred source on Google

Key executives at Nissan and Mitsubishi have stepped down as the car alliance looks to overhaul its management team amid the scandal surrounding Carlos Ghosn.

Nissan senior vice president for human resources Arun Bajaj left the firm on 11 March, the company said today. Bajaj had taken a leave of absence in January and was reportedly aiding Japanese prosecutors with their probe into former chairman Ghosn.

Read more: Tokyo court blocks Ghosn’s request to attend Nissan board meeting

The announcement came as alliance partner Mitsubishi revealed two of its senior executives are leaving the firm.

Chief operating officer Trevor Mann and corporate vice president Vincent Cobee will both leave Mitsubishi in April, the Japanese company said today.

The departures follows the resignation of Nissan’s US boss Jose Munoz, who stepped down earlier this year after it emerged he was involved in the Ghosn investigation.

The reshuffle marks the alliance’s efforts to dismantle the management team built under Ghosn’s reign and to secure the future of the partnership.

Read more: Former Nissan boss Ghosn asks to attend board meeting

Yesterday the alliance said it will create a new operating board in a bid to improve cooperation between the firms. Relations between alliance members have been strained since the shock arrest of Ghosn on financial misconduct charges in November.

Renault chairman Jean-Dominique Senard will lead the new committee, while the chief executives of all three firms will also sit on the board.

 

 

Share this article

  • Facebook
  • X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email

Similarly tagged content:

Sections

  • News

Categories

  • Business
  • Transport & Infrastructure

Related Topics

Trending Articles

  • Is the Zeekr 9X Super Hybrid the new luxury SUV to beat?

  • Grandparents fund university degrees to avoid inheritance tax net

  • FTSE 100 Live: Stocks rise as Trump threatens to declare Strait of Hormuz as US territory

  • Aldi boss wades into supermarket ‘price-gouging’ row

  • US bond market jitters spark UK economy recession warning

More from Morning Wire

  • Options Technology Appoints Stephen Dorrian from Cboe Global Markets as Senior Vice President of Enterprise Data

    Business Wire
  • Meet the top lawyer challenging Gianni Infantino’s Fifa power play

    Law
    Gianni Infantino, FIFA President, waves to a crowd with a blue and gold patterned background
  • What a room full of the Indian diaspora’s biggest names revealed about Britain’s AI opportunity

    Partner
    Indiaspora event at Londons skyline showcasing cultural diversity and networking among global Indian leaders
  • London Sports Festival’s 3×3 Basketball Court Scores Early Success with Basketball England Takeover

    Partner
    Kids playing basketball at a pop-up court in London, with the Monument to the Great Fire visible.
  • Global advisory giant Brunswick explores capital raise

    Advisory
    Alan Parker speaking at a business forum, gesturing with hands, blue background with NIKKEI and FORUM visible
  • SCP Standard Capital Partners AG: Fabian Becker Appointed Chairman of the Management Board and CEO

    Business Wire
  • ACE Welcomes Telekom Srbija Group as Newest Member, Expanding Anti-Piracy Fight in Southeast Europe

    Business Wire
  • Tax online businesses more to save Britain’s struggling high streets

    Opinion
    Bustling Oxford Street with shoppers, iconic red buses, and storefronts under a clear sky in a vibrant urban scene
MorningWire

Independent European business, markets and political news for decision-makers.

Morning Briefing

Europe

  • Germany
  • France
  • EU Institutions
  • Europe

Business

  • Markets
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Regulation
  • Competition
  • Public Affairs

Editorial

  • Opinion
  • Editorial Policy
  • Corrections
  • Contact

Company

  • About Morning Wire
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Cookie Policy
© 2026 Morning Wire Ltd · Published by Morning Wire Media, Bahnhofstrasse 65, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Privacy · Terms · Cookies · Facebook